Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Capacities of vertical downspouts when draining roof areas in rainfall.
Capacities of clean vertical downspouts without obstructions when draining roof areas are indicated below:
Rainfall Draining of Roof Areas and Vertical Downspouts
|Downspouts Size||Roof Area|
|50 ||2 ||65 ||700 |
|65 ||2 1/2 ||120 ||1300 |
|80 ||3 ||205 ||2200 |
|100 ||4 ||430 ||4600 |
|150 ||6 ||1255 ||13500 |
The table is based on rainfall intensity 100 mm per hour (4 inches per hour). Rainfall intensity should always be checked with the local authorities.
Gutters and downspouts are vulnerable for obstructions caused branches and leafs from surrounding trees and similar. This should be considered when connecting gutters and downspouts.
- The purpose of the sanitary drainage system is to remove effluent discharged from plumbing fixtures and other equipment.
- Capacities of horizontal storm drain piping systems.
- Draining of roof areas and recommended gutter slopes
- Convert between different rainfall or storm-water units
- Run, roof slope, gable height and gable area.
- Weight calculator for roofing materials.
- Roof drain capacities.
- Storm-water runoff coefficients for various surfaces
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2008). Rainfall Draining of Roof Areas and Vertical Downspouts. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/downspouts-d_1108.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.