Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
The size of chimney vs. boiler's heat load.
Required chimney area vs. boiler heat load:
Chimney Size vs. Boiler Capacity
|Boiler Capacity||Required Chimney Area|
|15 ||51000 ||115 ||18 |
|23 ||78000 ||150 ||23 |
|35 ||119000 ||200 ||31 |
|46 ||157000 ||250 ||39 |
|58 ||198000 ||300 ||47 |
|70 ||239000 ||350 ||54 |
|81 ||276000 ||400 ||62 |
|93 ||317000 ||450 ||70 |
|104 ||355000 ||500 ||78 |
|116 ||396000 ||550 ||85 |
Remember, always check local authorities before final design.
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Calculate chimney draft and required chimney area - online calculator.
- Chimneys and single wall vents roof termination.
- Chimneys and fireplaces for stoves burning wood or coal as fuel.
- Air flow - volume and velocity - due to stack or flue effect caused by indoor hot and outdoor cold temperature difference.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2008). Chimney's Size vs. Boiler Power. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/chimney-area-heat-load-d_1132.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.