Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Energy content in biogas produced from municipal and industrial waste.
Typical lower heating value for biogas
- produced from municipal solid waste is 8.8 GJ/tonne (ranging 8.4 - 9.2 GJ/tonne)
- produced from industrial waste is 13.7 GJ/tonne (ranging 8.7 - 19 GJ/tonne)
- 1 GJ/tonne = 1000 kJ/kg = 430 Btu/lbm
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Carbon - Nitrogen ratios for biogas produced from various raw materials.
- Typical composition of biogas produced from household waste.
- Potential biogas production from animal manure.
- Biomass fuels and their energy content.
- Heat of combustion (energy content) for som common substances - with examples how to calculate heat of combustion.
- Combustion heat values for gases like acetylene, blast furnace gas, ethane, biogas and more - Gross and Net values.
- The gross (high) and net (low) heating values.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Biogas - Energy Content. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/biogas-energy-content-d_1611.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.