Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Convert between energy units
- 1 electron volt (eV) = 1.6021 10-19 J
- 1 erg (erg) = 10-7 J (exact)
- 1 calorie, thermochemical (cal) = 4.184 J
- 1 British thermal unit (Btu) = 1055.6 J
- 1 Q (Q) = 1018 Btu (exact)
- 1 quad (q) = 1015 Btu (exact)
- 1 tons oil equivalent (toe) = 4.19 1010 J
- 1 barrels oil equivalent (bbl) = 5.74 109 J
- 1 tons coal equivalent (tce) = 2.93 1010 J
- 1 m3 of natural gas = 3.4 107 J
- 1 litre of gasoline = 3.2 107 J
- 1 kilowatthour (kWh) = 3.6 106 J
- Work, heat and energy systems.
- The amount of thermal energy stored in heated water.
- Heating fuels and their energy content.
- Fluid energy transfer.
- Heat vs. work vs. energy.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2010). Energy Conversion Factors. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/energy-conversion-factors-d_1606.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.