Engineering ToolBox - Resources, Tools and Basic Information for Engineering and Design of Technical Applications!
Anthracite coal is available in a number of different grades.
Anthracite coal is available in a number of different grades or sizes as
Each size is suited for different sizes of grates and firepots.
- Buckwheat coal is used in automatic coal firing burners in domestic, commercial and industrial stokers
- Egg sized coal are used in large firepots. Usually with beds more than 16 inches deep
- Stove sized coal is used for heating buildings etc. Mostly replaced with gas or oil
- Chestnut size coal is used in medium firepots, usually with beds ranging 10 - 15 inches
- Boiler house topics, fuels like oil, gas, coal, wood - chimneys, safety valves, tanks - combustion efficiency.
- Classification of coal based on volatile matter and cooking power of clean material.
- Standard grades coal heat values.
- Coal stokers classified on basis of coal burning capacities.
Search is the most efficient way to navigate the Engineering ToolBox.
About the Engineering ToolBox!
We don't collect information from our users. More about
This page can be cited as
- The Engineering ToolBox (2006). Anthracite Coal. [online] Available at: https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/anthracite-coal-d_1026.html [Accessed Day Month Year].
Modify the access date according your visit.