Anthracite coal grades
Anthracite coal is available in a number of different grades or sizes as
Each size is suited for different sizes of grates and firepots.
- Buckwheat coal is used in automatic coal firing burners in domestic, commercial and industrial stokers
- Egg sized coal are used in large firepots. Usually with beds more than 16 inches deep
- Stove sized coal is used for heating buildings etc. Mostly replaced with gas or oil
- Chestnut size coal is used in medium firepots, usually with beds ranging 10 - 15 inches
- en: anthracite coal buckweat egg stove chestnut pea broken