Thermal conductivity - temperature and k-values
Calcium silicate is commonly used as a safe alternative to asbestos for high temperature insulation materials.
Features of Calcium Silicate insulation board and pipe insulation
- light weight
- low thermal conductivity
- high temperature and chemical resistance
Calcium Silicate is rigid, high density material used for high temperature applications ranging 250 oF (121 oC) - 1000 oF (540 oC).
The relation between temperature and thermal conductivity is indicated in the diagram below:
- compressive strengths are good
- T(oC) = 5/9[T(oF) - 32]
- en: calcium silicate insulation temperature k values
- es: k valores de temperatura de aislamiento de silicato de calcio
- de: Calcium-Silikat-Isolationstemperatur k-Werte