Pressure numbers (PN) compared to flange class designations
Piping Class Ratings based on ASME B16.5 and corresponding PN (Pression Nominal*):
|Flange Pressure Nominal, PN||20||50||68||100||150||250||420|
* "Pression Nominal" is the French equivalent of Pressure Nominal
"Pression Nominal" is the rating designator followed by a designation number indicating the approximate pressure rating in bars.
- 1 bar = 1x105 Pa (N/m2) = 0.1 N/mm2 = 10,197 kp/m2 = 10.20 m H2O = 0.98692 atm = 14.5038 psi (lbf/in2)
PN ratings do not provide a proportional relationship between different PN numbers, whereas class numbers do. Class numbers are therefore recommended before PN ratings.
Note! The piping rating must be governed by the pressure-temperature rating of the weakest pressure containing item in the piping system.
- en: flange classes pressure numbers pn
- es: clases brida de presión números pn
- de: Flansch Klassen Druck Zahlen pn