Volume of partly filled horizontal or sloped cylindrical tanks or pipes - online calculator
The online calculator below can be used to calculate the volume and mass of liquid in a partly filled horizontal or sloped cylindrical tank if you know the inside diameter and the level of the liquid the tank. The calculator can also be used for partly filled circular pipes.
The calculator outputs
- the liquid volume in the tank
- the liquid mass
- the central angle
- the chord length
- the arc length
- the cross sectional area of both liquid and air
- the air volume in the tank
The calculator is generic and can be used for common metric and imperial units as long as the values are based on the same units.
Side-view of the Cylindrical Tank or Pipe
The figure redraws when the parameters in the calculator are changed and calculated.
Liquid Level and Volume in a Horizontal Tank or Pipe
The chart below can be used for horizontal tanks or pipes where the slope is zero.
- en: content cylindrical tanks levels sloped
- es: niveles de contenido tanques cilíndricos inclinados
- de: Inhalt zylindrische Tanks Ebenen geneigte