The maximum number of circles possible within a rectangle
The calculator below estimates the maximum number of circles that may fit in a rectangle. The calculator can be used to calculate
- the number of pipes or wires that fits in a conduit and similar applications
Input the rectangle inside dimensions - height and width and the circles outside diameters.
Default values are for 0.5 inch circles inside a 10 inch x 10 inch square. The calculator is generic and any kind of units can be used - as long as the same units are used for all values.
- In some combinations of rectangular shapes and circles sizes - one or two more circles may be added with a minor modification of the circles layout. In the default triangular example above - two more circles can be added in between if the left and right bottom circles are moved to the left and right border
- en: circles within rectangle rectangular triangular pattern
- es: círculos dentro de rectángulo patrón triangular rectangular
- de: Kreise innerhalb rechteckig dreieckigen Muster