Volume of natural stockpiles - cubic feet, yard, meter and decimeter
Volumes of natural stockpiles:
- 1 ft3 = 0.02832 m3= 28.32 dm3 = 0.03704 yd3
- 1 ft (foot) = 0.3048 m = 12 in = 0.3333 yd
Mass of a Pile
The mass of a pile can be calculated as
m = ρ V (1)
m = mass (kg, lb)
ρ = density of the volume in the pile (kg/m3, lb/ft3)
V = stockpiled volume (m3, ft3)
For density - be aware of the bulking factor for the stockpiled material.
Example - Stockpiled Anthracite Coal
Anthracite coal with density 65 lb/ft3 is stockpiled in a conical pile with diameter 30 ft and height 8 ft.
According the diagram above the volume of the pile is approximately 2000 ft3.
The total mass of the pile can be calculated as
w = (65 lb/ft3) (2000 ft3)
= 130000 lb
Calculator - Volume of a Coned Pile
The calculator below can be used to calculate volume and mass of a coned pile.
Calculator - Volume of a Rectangular Pile
The calculator below can be used to calculate volume and mass of a rectangular pile.
- en: stockpile volume cubic feet yard meter decimeter material pile
- es: volumen de las existencias de pies cúbicos de material decímetro metros patio pila
- de: Haldenvolumen Kubikfuß Hof Meter Dezimeter Material Haufen